Friday, February 13, 2009

Increased Bitchiness

I've decided that this whole experience is turning me into a big bitch. I have zero tolerance for stupidity. My patience is at an all time low. My fuse is really short. This sucks.

All the contract attorneys had to attend a meeting on Wednesday addressing administrative matters. Among other things, we were reminded to conduct ourselves professionally while here. They told the group to stop putting straws down the garbage disposal and to be sure to put paper towels into the trash can in the bathroom. Excuse me? Are people actually putting straws down the garbage disposal? Sounds like it's not an isolated accident; it must be happening enough for it to be brought up. FOR REAL? The state should automatically pull their law license for being that dumb. (See? I'm a bitch now.)

But by far, my favorite line from the meeting was the lady telling us that "it's just as if we were attorneys working in a law firm." I am really f-in tired of being treated like scum. Maybe it's because I had a great job for a great law firm for a few years. I mistakenly thought that other places treated their attorneys well. Apparently not. I kick myself multiple times a day for leaving that job. You know how when you look back at a past relationship and only remember the good stuff? That's what I'm going through with my old gig. I am only remembering the good stuff: the respect, the nice people, lunch breaks, and use of the microwave. I had my reasons for leaving, but I'm questioning all of them. And becoming a bitch in the process.

Well - more of a bitch.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Well, I love you...bitchiness and all. :)