Sunday, August 24, 2008

Consider yourself warned...

You know something is wrong with the state of this nation when there is a warning on a tub of cake icing.

You know that cake I made the other day out of depression? I consumed half of it that afternoon (no joke). I can report that it did actually remove depression from my thoughts, if even momentarily. Because a few hours later, I was doubled over in pain. So much so, that the last thing on my mind was grieving for my lost job. Mission accomplished, I suppose.

Since I want to control the size of my ass at least somewhat, I bought reduced sugar icing. Big mistake. Big. This crap made me so sick! I had to go back and pull the container out of the trash so I could read the fine print. Should’ve read it before I bought the crap, but that goes to show you what a great lawyer I am not. I can’t remember exactly what it said, but it was something to the effect of “Consumption of this product may have laxative effects.” Excuse me? Freakin’ icing causing the runs? What is wrong with this world? Since when is cake icing filled with so many chemicals that it makes you sick?

I find it interesting that their website does not have the warning. And I looked. Warnings should be conspicuous.

On the upside, I probably didn’t absorb any of the calories I consumed. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is CRAZY! Hope you're feeling better!

Megan said...

that totally happened to me with sugar-free chocolate one time. it wasn't until after i was dying that i read that i shouldn't have eaten the whole thing...whoops!