Here's N with her baby sister...
And N's new lamp. She was being a turkey and not letting me take her picture.

The Monster had a playdate with Baby C, Leslie's daughter. Margaret was supposed to come, but she was in labor.
Yesterday, I spent the day sending out resumes to companies that I know are looking for attorneys. I also contacted another contract firm. Maybe they'll pay more. Or maybe when I have downtime from jobs from the first contract firm, this second place will have a project. Who knows.
In the afternoon yesterday, I tried my best to sit and relax. That's hard for me to do, as y'all know. I feel guilty for a number of reasons, but I know that I need to relax sometimes. I can look around the house and see a million projects that I want to get done, but now that I have the time, I'm unable to find the motivation. Maybe it's because I feel like crap. Nothing ling getting fired to really get your self esteem down. But I managed to watch half of Look Who's Talking, which I find even funnier now that I've had a kiddo. (Though I spent most of the movie criticizing how Mikey was running before he said his first word, or how he was sitting up and eating in his high chair when he was supposed to be like three months old.) Then I did laundry and made a bunch of baby food for The Monster. This weekend, I think we're going to try green beans. In an effort to get her to feed herself finger foods, I cut up some cooked carrots last night and put them on her high chair. She fed some to me, just like she does with peas and those little Gerber puff thingies. But she's still not feeding herself. One ended up in her mouth, but I'm quite sure that was an accident. And she spit it out anyway. Is she ever going to hold her own bottle or feed herself? I can just see me going to her dorm in college, holding up a spoon, and saying, "Big bite!" I'm excited about her learning to feed herself, but I'm not too worried that she seems to be behind in this skill. She's excelled in other things, and I suppose she can only learn a finite number of things at once. I just hope she catches up before college.
Did y'all see that Jamaican guy, something-or-another Bolt, win the gold medal last night in track and field? I know the guy was excited and all, and that he is one fast mo-fo, but he came off so conceited after his "victory lap" went on and on and on. I couldn't stand watching him say to the camera, "I'm number one!"
I don't think I have anything else random to ramble about this morning.


No comments:
Post a Comment