Sunday, August 17, 2008

Making the best of things

So I’ve got some time on my hands, which is not something that I’ve had in a while. I’ve decided that each day, I’m going to do some weight training (I’ve lost my baby weight, but I have zero muscle tone now) and watch a movie from Netflix. I also want to work on The Monster’s baby book and see about unpacking the game room finally. Job hunting is definitely a full-time gig, but I’ve come to the point where I can only do little bits and pieces every day now, because I’ve exhausted so many avenues.

I’m going to a funeral on Monday. One of my law school friend’s brother passed away. It was very sudden. It’s absolutely heart breaking. My heart goes out to her and her family.

On Saturday, to celebrate my birthday, we went to Applebee’s and I had two huge margaritas. My tolerance is at an all time low right now, so I felt pretty good after the first one, and exhausted after the second one. Big D’s mom watched The Monster, who isn’t feeling very well right now. I think the antibiotics from her ear infection have done a number on her tummy.

This afternoon, Margaret and “N” are coming over as well as Leslie and “C.” N will probably chase our cat Pumpkin up and down the stairs. Maybe I should put the baby gates up. They’re installed, I just need to snap the gate on. We’re waiting as long as possible to do it, because it will keep Pumpkin from going upstairs for a year or so. He’s just too fat to jump over the gates like the other cats. Poor guy.

Then we’re headed over to my parents’ house for dinner. It’s not like I have to be up early for work, right?

Thanks to everyone for the kind e-mails, comments, and phone calls. Without y’all and the fam, I’d probably be going insane. I remain optimistic about the outcome of this turn of events. I can’t remember how Megan phrased it, but she said something about how I'm becoming more mature now that I'm 30. Makes me sound like I was an idiot in my 20s, but she has known me since college... and I did do some stupid shit back then! I’d call and ask her exactly how she phrased, but the punkass is in San Diego right now soaking up some rays and drunk-blogging. Haha!

No comments: