Friday, August 1, 2008

Procrastination

I snack for various reasons: boredom, procrastination, or distraction. I am at work right now with a pretty hefty assignment in front of me. I'm munching on a bag of mini rice cakes. It's about 10:30. Today I've already had a bowl of oatmeal, two ghetto mochas, and a pineapple cup. Can you tell I don't want to do this assignment? I think it's time for the weekend.

What are you doing this weekend?

The Monster and I are going to her friend's first birthday party. Then I'm taking The Monster to my parents' house, where they will watch her while I go to a baby shower for Margaret, where I hope vodka will be served (she's Polish, so I'd be disappointed if there wasn't a bottle of Belvedere somewhere in sight... for the guests, not for her!).

Big D works all day Saturday, but he should be home by 7:30 or so. This month should be fun - he'll be working in the ER at the county hospital this month where people without health insurance show up in the ER for non-emergent things, like a cut on the finger or a toothache. He's noticed that a lot of them claim to have chest pains so that they'll be seen quicker. I'm not entirely sure how one can claim chest pains for a cut on the finger, but I guess I'm not as creative as I thought I was. Big D's quite a cynical guy, so he's really looking forward to this month.

Okay, okay... I'm out of rice cakes now, and I've got nothing else to blog about. Unless I find a new procrastination technique, I may actually have to do this work. Sucks.

Have a great weekend!!!


(She likes to hold her hands and then move her arms up and down, up and down.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha!! I'm not positive it will be vodka, but I have no doubt that there will be some alcohol there:-)