Friday, April 4, 2008
A little experiment
So on Wednesday night, The Monster slept through the night - like 9 hours! I couldn't believe it. I didn't tell anybody, because I knew the second I said something, she'd go back to waking up every two hours. So I kept quiet, and last night, she slept 10 hours! WOW! And when she woke up at 6, it was because Big D woke her up with kisses. So, here's the experiment - now that I've told you this, will she stop sleeping through the night?

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I can answer that. Yes, she will sleep through the night. You must have forgotten that you did tell somebody about her 9 hour stretch Wednesday night, and even with sharing the news, she did a 10 hour stretch last night. She may just be entering that stage of sleeping through the night. Enjoy, you deserve it!
okay....so what was the result??
The results were mixed...
Friday night, she slept a long time again. (Of course, even though she slept 9 hours, every hour or so, she'd fuss enough to wake me up so I could stick a pacifier in her mouth, then she'd roll over and go back to sleep. But it's still better sleep for me than it used to be, because it takes just a few seconds and then I'm back asleep too!)
Saturday night, though, was awful - she woke up every 2-3 hours. But she also slept until 7:30, which is an improvement from her 6:00 routine. She hasn't figured out yet that she wakes up at 6 on school days and needs to sleep until noon on the weekends. I'm sure she'll figure it out by the time she's a teenager. (which is one thing to look forward to during those years, at least.)
Last night was good... she passed out at 6, woke up long enough for a bath and bottle at 7, and slept until 6 this morning, only waking up twice. Not too bad. And a HUGE improvement over the way she used to sleep.
Post a Comment