Thursday, April 17, 2008

An Exercise in Restraint

So a friend of ours is in town on business. He's one of the guys Big D grew up with, but he lives in another state now, so we never see him. I just found out that he's coming out to our house tonight to check out the new digs and baby. My house is a mess! I had it looking halfway decent this weekend, but it's back in it's usual state of disarray. OMG - someone is going to see that the dining room table is covered in outgrown baby clothes that need to be packed up; my laundry is in a pile in the master bedroom; there's a load of clean towels on the love seat (which I'm sure are no longer actually clean thanks to some warm-laundry-loving felines); there is a huge stack of mail on the island; and worst of all - there is a ring in the guest room toilet. I am DYING to go home right now and clean the house from top to bottom before R.C. arrives at 6:30 (a mere 10 minutes after I get home). It is taking every ounce of will power I have to not feign a stomach bug and go dashing out of here!!!

An unrelated picture - I think I'm getting better at taking pictures of myself and the Monster. They used to be out of focus and awful. Like the wine rack in the back? There's also a big bottle of Belvedere vodka collecting dust. I can't wait to be done breastfeeding so I can empty each and every bottle up there... and I will!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In your prior post, I thought those quotes were written by you. In this post, I thought I wrote it in my sleep because that sounds just like my house. I guess that neglecting household chores is just something us moms share no matter how much we try not to.

Annie said...

Well, shit - R.C. showed up early. Probably because Big D warned him of the long drive from the front of our neighborhood to our house. I got home and they were playing Guitar Hero. The house was beyond messy, but I don't think he saw the bathroom. It was great to see him and catch up over a big bowl of queso and a squirmy kid.

MsTAO said...

Ha..I was just going to ask you if you went home and cleaned. I've got to go do some of that myself (right now). My parents are coming to babysit tonight and my dining room table is also covered with outgrown baby clothing.

Anonymous said...

hey sweetie I love your blog!! I think the "Monster" looks like you but she often has a sly little look on her face like she is thinking of something really sarcastic to say like Big D!!
SCK