Monday, April 14, 2008

The Centipede

Big D and I finally saw The Monster roll over from her back to her tummy. She's been doing it since March 31st, but we hadn't witnessed it yet. Instead, we would find her on her tummy in the mornings or after a nap. Finally, we saw it happen on Thursday night. I had just finished a diaper change, and she was laying on our bed. Flip! Next thing I knew, she was on her tummy looking at her daddy. It was so quick, that if you blinked you would have missed it. Thank goodness we finally saw it. On Margaret's suggestion, I am going to list the events separately in her baby book - since there is plenty of room - first time rolling over from her back to her tummy, March 31st; first time we saw it, April 10th.

The Monster tried something else on Thursday night. Big D was playing with her while I was making dinner. He had her on her tummy and was trying to encourage her to crawl. She's nowhere close to being able to do so. I hear that kiddos first do an Army crawl, where they move forward with their arms while dragging their legs and trying to get through the obstacle course of Fisher-Price jungle gyms with the fastest time for their battalion. The Monster isn't ready for that, so instead she did the Centipede. She dragged her face on the bed! Haha! She stuck her booty up in the air, tucked her legs up under her body, and scooted forward on her face. Our friend J.P. known for doing the worm at weddings would be very proud. I'll have to ask him to teach her that in a few months.

So The Monster is doing the Centipede across the soft bed to get to Daddy. It's very cute. I suppose she'll learn the Army crawl next. It's always something, isn't it?

In unrelated news, we had our second family photo session last week. We had a newborn session when she was ten days old with a photographer many of our friends had used. When my mom was a baby, her mother made her a dress and then took her to get her picture made. When my sister and I were babies, my mom had our pictures made in the same dress when we were the exact same age (which happened to be five months and four days). So Big D and I did the same for The Monster. We also had pictures made in her Easter dress which was pink with brown Swiss dots (very cute!) and a white dress with purple pansies with a purple bow across the empire waist. I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out. The photographer is amazing and always does such a great job.

No comments: