I love the Today Show. When I was in school, I watched it every morning. I used to love having my morning Diet Coke listening to Katie Couric.
Yesterday, they featured Heather Armstrong of Dooce. I love Dooce's blog. Her sarcasm, her talent in describing motherhood, her beautiful pictures... Here's a link to it if you want to watch it. I'm kind of surprised that she was interviewed by two people that admit that they aren't that familiar with mom blogs. Kathy Lee Gifford said she doesn't even like computers. I didn't like their questions, as they were not very thoughtful, and I felt they were very judgmental of Dooce for writing about her daughter. When I was on maternity leave with The Monster and my life felt like it had been turned upside down, mom blogs, such as Dooce's, are what connected me to others so that I knew I wasn't alone in this. Isn't that the point? They also interrupt like mad on that show. As much as I love the Today Show, they need to learn to listen to their guests and stop with the judgmental tone already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Man, I knew she was going to be on...and then I missed it. Thanks for the link! I love her blog; it makes me laugh! And some days...I NEED to laugh. I think the TODAY show went down hill (and fast) after Katie left. It's just not the same, and thus I rarely watch anymore. :(
I watched that segment last night on YouTube. I agree, they were such dipshits...especially Kathy Lee. "I don't know a lot about those computers" My grandfather is 91 and e-mails...how hard can it really be?
And yes, they interrupted her like crazy. I knew exactly what point she was about to make when they ended the segment. So frustrating.
Post a Comment