This is a picture taken back in 2005 when the company was building a website. Gosh I looked good, yet I thought totally I was fat. WTF? I should start wearing my hair like that again. Yes - the suit is Ann Taylor.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Discouraged...
I am feeling very discouraged and down in the dumps today. I've noticed lately that my work has slowed down. My company has two offices, and I work in the smaller of the two. It used to be that this office thrived with its own business. Lately, though, our work has been in the form of overflow from the other office. I'm afraid that I'll get laid off and/or that they'll shut this office down. So about 6 weeks ago, I resolved to find a new job. Then I sat on my booty till about 3 weeks ago. Then I updated my resume and cover letter and sent it out to friends in the business, hoping they would pass it along. In my field, it's all about who you know. No bites. Damn. So then I did a blind resume send-out to about 25 places. Nothing. I got desperate and asked my parents for help. I hate asking for their help with anything, let alone with career stuff, even though they are in the same general field as me. My dad has talked to two of his friends. One cannot use my help, but has contacted two other people on my behalf. The other contact of my dad's said that if he can't use me, then he'd pass my info on to his friends. These leads sound promising, don't they? Then why am I so discouraged? Why do I feel like this is not going to work out? Why do I feel like I'm about to get the can? What I do is specialized, so you'd think that people would be looking for people like me, right? Wrong. There are about 25 more places I can send my resume. Beyond that, I don't know what to do. Maybe get a job at Ann Taylor? It wouldn't be enough to pay the mortgage, but I'd be dressed to a tee!
This is a picture taken back in 2005 when the company was building a website. Gosh I looked good, yet I thought totally I was fat. WTF? I should start wearing my hair like that again. Yes - the suit is Ann Taylor.
This is a picture taken back in 2005 when the company was building a website. Gosh I looked good, yet I thought totally I was fat. WTF? I should start wearing my hair like that again. Yes - the suit is Ann Taylor.

