e all the 5th grade girls carried around Dooney & Burke bucket purses. But despite the challenges over the last year, I'm very happy. I'm working with my parents, which I find very satisfying. (I got to second chair a trial this week, which felt badass.) Big D and I continue to have a strong marriage. I have also learned to budget and while I do have a bit of trouble sticking to it, I'm certainly better at it than I was this time last year when my Amex card was permanently attached to my right hand. I have to say, though, that I'm glad this year is over. I'll never forget it, and that's a good thing. You know how your grandmother never throws away ziplock bags because she grew up during the Great Depression? This has been my own personal Great Depression, and I'm happy to say that the forecast is improving.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
One Year Ago Today...
... I was fired. It's been a tough year. Financially, I make a whole lot less than I did, which has caused problems with my checkbook. My self esteem went back to my adolescent year levels when I wore my sister's old hand-me-downs and was way out of style when we moved from Country Town to Big City Suburb wher
e all the 5th grade girls carried around Dooney & Burke bucket purses. But despite the challenges over the last year, I'm very happy. I'm working with my parents, which I find very satisfying. (I got to second chair a trial this week, which felt badass.) Big D and I continue to have a strong marriage. I have also learned to budget and while I do have a bit of trouble sticking to it, I'm certainly better at it than I was this time last year when my Amex card was permanently attached to my right hand. I have to say, though, that I'm glad this year is over. I'll never forget it, and that's a good thing. You know how your grandmother never throws away ziplock bags because she grew up during the Great Depression? This has been my own personal Great Depression, and I'm happy to say that the forecast is improving.
e all the 5th grade girls carried around Dooney & Burke bucket purses. But despite the challenges over the last year, I'm very happy. I'm working with my parents, which I find very satisfying. (I got to second chair a trial this week, which felt badass.) Big D and I continue to have a strong marriage. I have also learned to budget and while I do have a bit of trouble sticking to it, I'm certainly better at it than I was this time last year when my Amex card was permanently attached to my right hand. I have to say, though, that I'm glad this year is over. I'll never forget it, and that's a good thing. You know how your grandmother never throws away ziplock bags because she grew up during the Great Depression? This has been my own personal Great Depression, and I'm happy to say that the forecast is improving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment