Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Oddity
This morning, I was driving to work. I was on a busy interstate highway with about 6 lanes each direction. I was one lane over from the right most lane. The new Black Eyed Peas song was on and I was totally singing to it, when I saw a cop car in my peripheral vision to my left. I didn't think I was speeding or anything, so I didn't think a darn thing of it. I kept singing, because you really can't resist singing that song. Then the cop turned on his siren for one or two seconds. I looked over at him (still singing, mind you) and he was looking right at me. I thought I was being pulled over for being too awesome with my singing or something, so I looked over to my right and moved over a lane to prepare to exit and get to a parking lot for my Too Awesome Ticket. But right then, the cop drove off. For real. He sped up and took off down the road. WTF? I looked around, wondering if there was another cop trying to pull me over. (They often work in pairs around theses parts.) I didn't see one. I continued on my way and about five minutes later, when I was sure that I wasn't going to get my Too Awesome Ticket, I called Big D to tell him how strange that was. He said that the cop must have been flirting or something. I mean, I know my dancing while I drive is hot and all, but to flirt with the driver next to you? Whatever. I think it is more likely that he thought I was someone else, like a friend of his, and realized I wasn't when I looked over at him. Either that or he is some perv. Who knows. Isn't that really odd???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment