It's that time of the year again! Time to buy Halloween costumes. I have seen costumes in the stores for a month. Next year, I'm sure they'll be out even earlier. Pretty soon, they won't bother putting them up! Well anyway, I am pleased to announce that we have decided on The Monster's costume. And there's a cute story behind it too...
My mother-in-law was up last Saturday to see The Monster, and we ended up going to the Carter's store. I was trying to find shorts and swimsuits on the clearance rack for sizes bigger than what The Monster wears. I'm still trying to figure out this whole having-a-kid-thing, and I didn't realize until almost too late, that they grow, so you need to buy clothes bigger than what they wear now so that when they disappear from the store you have them - that sounded funky - what I'm trying to say is that I wanted to get some 3T shorts in case she outgrows her 2T shorts before it gets cold around here.
So anyway, there we were at the store. MIL found a rack of Halloween pajamas. They were 50% off!!! They already had Christmas pajamas out too! Anyway, she found a cute pair of black pajamas with glow-in-the-dark skeleton bones on it. Since her son's a doctor and all, she thought they were just precious and had to be purchased. (Note - they were only 10 bucks!!!!! Wow!) Anyway, at that time, I thought "what a cute pair of pajamas."
So then we were driving home and talking about Halloween costumes. Last year was so annoying, because her Snow White costume ended up being too short for her. (It was a one piece outfit, and she has a very long waist.) So because she was longer than the costume, the shoulders were coming off, and she looked like a barmaid. And then it ended up being cold outside, and I had to stick a onezie on underneath. And all that was clean was a pink one with brown flowers. For real. She looked totally goofy. Well not this year!
We decided right then and there that The Monster has to be a skeleton! The pajamas are two piece, so they'll fit her long waist. And they're thin, so if it's hot, she'll be comfy. If it's cold, we can put a onezie on underneath without messing up the look of it.
Now, it's not a very girlie costume, but I don't care. I'm going to put black and white ribbons on her pigtails, and she'll be precious!
Anyway, so we got home from the Carter's store, and I told Big D that I bought The Monster's costume. He was really disappointed! He said, "But I wanted to talk to you about that. I was thiunking I could get a black t-shirt and cut out bones from white felt and glue them on to make her costume this year." (His mom and grandmother always made his costumes - and they were precious!) I was like, "OMG - check this out!!!" Right then I pulled out the pajamas and he was so happy! I think The Monster will be precious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment