Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm still here! I promise!

So I got a very slight guilt trip from Margaret today. She asked whether or not I was going to update my blog, because it's been since August. I immediately had to check, because surely it hasn't been since August that I've written. But, as usual, she was right. So then I told her that I didn't think anyone read the darn thing anymore anyway, so why update it. Here's what she said:

I still look at it waiting for a post.

Ouch. Since I can't stand wasting her time, I have to blog again.

Not much has been going on in my life. I'm uber-busy at work, which is a good thing. The economy may have slowed down, but hanky-panky hasn't, so I've got people coming in left and right for divorces. Business is good. Gotta love that.

Halloween is around the corner, and my neighborhood is doing their irritating annual block party again. Of the 30-40 moms in my little section, I'm one of TWO that work. The rest stay home and somehow manage to raise their kids with good manners, feed them healthy food, keep their houses freakin' perfect, bake cookies for their kids' classes, and decorate beautifully for the holidays. And now they're putting on another block party, which is promising to be bigger and better than last year. (Last year, it had a hayride and a bouncy castle.) And they've asked that everyone bring their favorie dish. No offense to any stay-at-home overachiever moms, but seriously - could I feel any more inadequate!?! I don't have a favorite dish. I don't make dinner. I feed Big D cereal or a microwaved chicken patty on a bun fur supper at night. I'm lucky if I remember to wash The Monster's hair each night. I supposed we'll have to go to the darned block party, because it's the neighborly thing to do. I'd rather paint my toenails.

So... The Monster... she's doing well. She can count up to 14 without help now. Knows most of her colors. Obsessed with The Little Mermaid and Finding "Memo." She's turning 2 next week. Big D and I made the executive decision to not throw her a party. We just know so many people that it'd end up being a big to do like last year, and honestly, we just can't afford it. So we're going to do cake and coffee with her grandparents. And my sister might be able to come from out of town. I'm ordering a Little Mermaid cake from the local grocery store. And my mom bought champagne. Nice and cheap - just like I like my men. Ha!

Anyway, enough rambling. I've got to finish up some work before I head home. Please send me a comment if you still read this. I hope my words of craziness make you feel a little bit more normal.

New pictures of The Monster coming soon...

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Yay, you're back!!! I'm so glad! Go Monster, counting to 14. That's awesome. She's going to be a smart one, just like mommy:-)

Corrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corrie said...

I often wonder what you're up to, so I'm always glad to see a blog post. Sounds like y'all are doing great. Don't let the over-acheiving stay-at-home moms bug you- we have our issues too! :) (One of them, obviously, being we can't properly make blog comments)

Mommy Bee said...

Yay! So glad to see your post. And, how great to hear you all are doing well. Hang in there! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting...I love hearing what is going on with you guys! See you soon!