Monday, March 9, 2009

Stomach Flu

So I went to the salon this weekend for a haircut. I never get them, because I just can't afford them. I wait until I'm really shaggy, then I get a whole lot chopped off. Anyway, I was wearing a t-shirt from my law school. The owner of the salon walked up and asked:

Owner: How much longer do you have to finish your law degree?
Me: Oh, I've been a lawyer for about 4 years.
Owner: Really? I thought you were in high school! You know those kids that wear t-shirts from the college they are accepted to, but they're not yet in school? I thought you were doing that!
Me: Thanks. (fully deadpanned, of course)
Owner: Are you married?
Me: Yup, with a kid.
Owner: You have a kid? Really??? How old are you?
Me: Uh - 30.

Just then, the power went out. I'm totally flattered that he thought I was so young, if he wasn't just saying that. He seemed a little insincere. Whatever.

So I got my haircut in the semi-dark. It was nice, though. I fell asleep during my hair washing. And I didn't have to endure a $15 blowout. This lady cuts my hair very well, but styles it crappy. So I ended up saving some money.

----------

In other news, The Monster is sick. She didn't eat much on Friday at school. Repeat performance on Saturday, mixed with a lot of napping.

Sunday, her stomach bug was in full swing. Yuck! I'll spare you the details, but let's just say that we did lots of laundry yesterday. We ended up missing a birthday party that I was very much looking forward to going to. I'd like to take this opportunity to give a shout out to Margaret, who intended to go to the party timely, but managed to mess up the start time... and showed up 15 minutes after the party was over! Haha!

So The Monster is at home with Big D's mom today. I hope she feels better soon. There's nothing worse than watching your kiddo be sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

L, if you read this, again, I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Monster!! I hope she feels much better really soon. You should have gotten a discount just on account of the power going out. Knowing how hot you get all the time, you must have been terribly uncomfortable!