Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring Cleaning

A college girlfriend of mine is coming to town this weekend. We haven't seen each other in over three years. She's never seen our house or met our daughter, so I am very excited to share these new parts of our lives with her. As y'all all know, I'm a neat-freak. But since having The Monster, I have had to let some of that go. Our house has several permanent messes in it. There is a box of Christmas presents we received, but have not put away, in our dining room. It's a big box that says Diapers.com on the side that everyone sees when they walk in our house. The Monster regularly pulls stuff out of it. Yet I still haven't put the darn stuff away. It's become part of the scenary. But it's going away on Friday. Big D and I are spring cleaning our house using our friend's visit as a catalyst. He has the day off and I'll be off of work around 10. We'll have plenty of time to get this done. I'm so excited. I went through the house yesterday and wrote down everything that needs to be done. The last time we cleaned the house like this was for The Monster's first birthday party in November... but at that time, most of our junk ended up in the game room, which has been cleaned out since then. So this time, I don't have a place to hide the junk. And it's not going to sit around in the dining room anymore. So it'll get put away or thrown out. I'm so excited!!! I just LOVE a clean house - even if it just lasts until The Monster wakes up the next morning.

No comments: