My hours were just cut at work. I can only work 40 hours each week now. I had been working about 45 hours. This is gonna hurt financially, but we'll be okay. I'm trying to pick up an extra contract job that I can do from home, but that's not looking good at the moment. The good news is that I'll have a little more time! I can be done with my 40 hours by Friday about 11, so that leaves me the afternoon to get some other stuff done. Like send out resumes. Like work on The Monster's baby book (haven't touched it in months!). Like running errands. And I'm not going to feel one iota of guilt for leaving her at school while I get some other stuff done. I've been neglecting myself for quite some time. So somehow my hours getting cut is a tiny blessing in disguise, even if it does come with some other consequences.
When I was in law school, Jimmy Eat World's
In the Middle was popular. It just came on the radio, and it just reminded me that this isn't going to last forever. I'm just in the middle of the crap.
It just takes some time,
Little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything, everything will be just fine, everything,
Everything will be alright, alright.
It just takes some time,
Little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything, everything will be just fine, everything,
Everything will be alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment