When life gets you down so much that you wonder if anything else can go wrong, how do you get through it? Do you believe that God has a plan for each of us? Or do you believe in karma? Or that we're all floating around accidental-like on a breeze?*
I'm starting my fourth month of unemployment. Our savings account is almost empty. My self-esteem is non-existent. The only things that keep me going these days are my awesome husband, my sweet daughter, and my friends. But even with all of my blessings, I have a lot of bad days. What am I supposed to do? How am I going to get through this? I pray. I hope. I work hard. And then I pray some more. My faith is being tested. This is very hard for me to write, but I'm desperate for some words of wisdom at this point.
* Momma always had a way of explaining things so that I would understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Well, you kinda already know what I think. I subscribe mostly to the "floating around accidental-like on a breeze" with a little bit of "plan" sprinkled on top.
I do believe though that things can't be bad forever. And that through our shitty experiences we can learn something. Whether that's how to be a stronger person or some other life's lesson, if you don't take away at least something, it will be for not.
You'll get through this. It may not be next week or next month or even three months from now, but you'll get through it. And it may be in a different way than you ever thought.
Keep putting one foot in front of the other...it's all you can do. And lean on all of us for support. We are here and listening.
I agree with Megan; you will get through this. I know it can't be easy, but your bad luck can go on for only so long. I really do believe that there is more in store for you in 2009. Luckily, your unlucky 2008 is almost over. Keep your head up, and you know you have your friends to help you get through this tough time.
Sweetie - it will turn around. As cheesy as it sounds "this too shall pass" - and you are right to remember your many blessing. Your baby is happy, healthy, beautiful and wonderful, and your husband is kind, genuine and caring. you will survive and you will survive quite well. your life is already proof that god is on your side and knows you are there. keep your chin up!! 2009 is going to be freakin awsome!! Okay??!!I love you sweetie and I can't wait to see you soon.
Post a Comment