Enough of that serious talk. Thank you for the kind e-mails and comment, and thanks to Margaret for buying my lunch on Monday! She also gave me a Starbucks gift card so I can buy some real coffee. Haha! I just know things are going to turn around, and my patience with this process has been renewed.
Today I'm shaking things off and counting my many blessings. I got my teeth cleaned yesterday (LOVE that fresh feeling) and then took The Monster in for her flu booster shot. I ran home to get her diaper bag before I picked her up from school, and somehow managed to press my idiot button: I was holding my travel coffee mug while reaching into my car to get my tote bag from the floor board, and I poured my leftover ghetto mocha into my purse. Fabulous move. Luckily the purse is black, and I was able to get it cleaned up with minimal staining or stickiness. My checkbook suffered the most damage, but I'm sure the credit union won't mind a little coffee stain on my car payment.
Today the weather is cold (love that!) and rainy. I wore a scarf I received last Christmas from Big D's aunt. She bought it for me on her trip from Scotland last year. It is seriously the warmest, most cozy scarf I've ever worn. Those Scots definitely know something about protecting themselves from the cold.
Big D is on call tonight. He's doing a pediatrics rotation this month and does newborn exams on precious little babies. The Monster will go to bed about 7, and then I'll have a few hours to myself. Half of that will be chores, but then I think I'll watch the first half of Made of Honor, which I Netflixed two weeks ago. There are a ton of more important things on my to do list, but I think an hour of relaxing is exactly what I need.
Anyway, my gift to you on this chilly want-to-stay-in-bed kind of day: in honor of Great Britain where my warm scarf is from... my shepherd's pie recipe. This is a lazy version of an already easy recipe.
One pound ground turkey
16 oz. bag of frozen mixed veggies
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 pouch of potato buds, cheese flavored
Brown the meat. Add everything else except for the potatoes to the pot. Cook for about 5 minutes. Then separate into two loaf pans (one for tonight and one for tomorrow night). Mix potato buds, spread on top of batch. Bake one pan at 350 for about 15 minutes. Put the other pan in the fridge and tomorrow night, microwave it for about 5 minutes till warm.
From the original recipe, I've essentially doubled the veggies and seasoning as well as switching the beef out for turkey. I can make this for less than $8. It feeds us for two dinners. I make this about once or twice a month, and it makes Big D happy. Yum!
Stay warm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment