Friday, November 21, 2008

Sick Monster

The Monster has strep throat. Uncommon for a kiddo her age, but she's got lots of exposures - her birthday party, day care, and Big D's job. Last week, I had to stay home with her a day, because she had a fever with funky, runny nose. This week, it's strep throat. Margaret is always telling me how healthy she'll be when she gets to school, but gosh it seems like we go weeks when she seems sick all the time.

The poor thing spiked a fever at day care on Tuesday. I picked her up right as the pediatrician's office was closing. I called them and asked if such a high fever required a trip to our local urgent care clinic or the ER. They advised us to take her to the urgent care clinic. They found strep throat and gave her an antibiotic shot. How cool is that? A shot instead of 10 days of the pink liquid three times a day! Love it! We got her home at about 8:30. She was an angel, despite being absolutely exhausted.

I stayed home with her on Wednesday. Poor thing slept all day. She wasn't eating well when she was awake. Thursday, Big D stayed with her. She still had a fever and her demeanor wasn't improving so he took her back to the doctor just to be sure she was okay. The doctor assured us that she was okay, because her fever was coming down even though it wasn't gone. Luckily today, she is fever-free, but still not eating well and still lethargic. She's happier, though, and that makes me feel a lot better. I won't make it home before she goes to bed, which is really sad, because I haven't seen her since Wednesday. She is sleeping so much.

I was going to go visit my best friend this weekend for a kid-free weekend. I was looking forward to sitting on my bum, sleeping past 6 a.m., and a night out dancing. I'm bummed that I can't go. Big D isn't feeling well now, and I can't leave him by himself to take care of her when he's feeling under the weather. I guess my wine-filled weekend of pedicures and dancing will be postponed for now. Hopefully The Monster is back to normal soon.

So that's it. No plans this weekend, since my trip was cancelled. What are y'all up to this weekend?

P.S. A report on The Monster's birthday party as well as some pictures to be posted when I get home and have access to the pictures...

No comments: