Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Count Down to Christmas

I can't take credit for this idea; it's something I ran across on the internet. This year, we're going to start a new tradition - a Count Down to Christmas Wreath. First you get a paper plate and cut out the center, leaving the outer ring to make a wreath. Then you take green construction paper and trace your hands as templates. Then you cut out 24 of them. We traced my left and right hands, as well as the left and right hands of Big D and The Monster. On each of the 24 hands, you write a family activity or good deed. Beginning on December 1st, you pick out one of the hands and do the activity. Then you tape or glue it to the paper plate. By Christmas you have a full wreath. Our good deeds include things like baking a loaf of pumpkin bread for the neighbors across the street and gathering canned goods from the pantry for the food bank. Family activities include things like watching Charlie Brown Christmas together (tradition at my house growing up) and decorating the Christmas tree. I'm going to make a big bow for the wreath. I'll post a picture of the finished product after Christmas.

No comments: