I know that doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but it's not something I do very often. I find it hard to justify standing in the shower, water pouring down the drain by the gallon, while I shave the legs that no one will see. I constantly wear pants... at work, to bed, to outdoor picnics in this hot Southern heat. I hate my legs, so I prefer no one to see them. My legs have always been a little on the hefty side. My upper body looks fabulous, and sitting down at a desk, I bet I look pretty hot. But then I stand up, and here come the thunder thighs. My mom used to actually call me that.* I kid you not. I'm so scarred by that, that we never use weight-related phrases like that around The Monster, even regarding our humongous cat, Pumpkin, who really lives up to his name. I'm working hard on not passing on my self esteem issues to The Monster. But I'm pear-shaped, and while I'm knocking on 30, I've finally come to accept that my lower half is larger than my upper half. It's not that big of a deal, especially now that my favorite stores carry pants and jeans in "curvy" styles. (Thank you, Lord, for Ann Taylor.) But in any event, besides my legs being a bit hefty, they're white. Very, very white. With freckles. I am a typical redhead. If I reveal them to the sun, even for a few minutes, I'm positive I'll burn and develop melanoma. I had so many burns growing up, that I'd rather just not go there again. So I keep them covered. And hairy. Yum. But last night, I got the hankering to shave them. And then I took it a step further. You won't believe it. I'm wearing a skirt to work!!!!!!!!!! OMG! I NEVER WEAR SKIRTS TO WORK! And I have a very cute selection of them from... give you one guess... Ann Taylor. :-) Fridays here are casual, so I don't have to wear the full on suit. (Yesterday, by the way, I broke new ground as well and wore a seersucker suit from AT Loft. I found it for a mere 30 bucks while on my first of many trips to the loft during lunch. I've always wanted a seersucker suit, but I've always been too afraid to try one. I did, finally, and I think I pulled it off... with a new pair of peep toe d'orsay pumps, similar to these) Check that out - a seersucker suit on Thursday and a skirt on Friday! Maybe I'm not so resistant to change afterall.
Of course, I brought some baby powder with me in case my thunder thighs rub together too much. No joke.
* Therapy sessions pending.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I LOVE THOSE SHOES!!! So cute. I can't believe we worked together for over 3 years, and if you ever wore a skirt, it was maybe one time, or else I saw you in one at the Christmas party. You are absolutely out of your mind...you had a baby 8 months ago and you look amazing, better then most women out there. Heck, you looked like that 3 months after you had the Monster. You need to give yourself some more credit girl, and be proud of your accomplishment!
Post a Comment