I don't think it's sunk in yet that I'm unemployed. I feel like I'm on vacation. That's probably a more accurate description than u-n-e-m-p-l-o-y-e-d. Afterall, I have a job that starts in just over a week. I'm doing my best to enjoy my time off, but so far, I feel hurried to get stuff done and then disappointed when I don't. It's a terrible cycle that this perfectionist has been in for years.
So on Vacation Day 1, Big D took The Monster to school then came back home and did who-knows-what, which probably involved the Nintento Wii. (He's between jobs right now too; his new job starts up the day mine does. Funny timing, huh?) So I slept until 8:30, which is completely unheard of these days.
Big D and I had breakfast, then ran some errands. Then he went up to the hospital to have lunch with a friend of his, and I updated our finances and then watched Deadliest Catch. I also talked to Megan in length about how awesome it is to blog.
Then I picked up The Monster, and we played and cuddled. She eventually went to bed, and Big D and I watched the Top Chef finale. I'm happy that X won, though I would have been happy if the other X had one, as long as the last X didn't win (no spoilers here!).
This morning, we took The Monster outside and blew bubbles. She stared at them intently, not sure of what to think. On occasion, she'd turn her head real quick when she realized that there were more in her peripheral vision. She eventually worked up the nerve to stick her hand out to touch one. To her disappointment, they would disappear. Two of our cats were fascinated as well, as they watched from a window. The Monster is now taking a nap. She's so cute and cuddly. I sure do love her.
This afternoon we're taking her up to my old firm to meet my co-workers. She's over seven months old now, and I haven't taken her up there yet. (Between you and me, she's already met the person I cared about her meeting anyway - Margaret.) But the rest of the office has been asking to meet her, and on a day off, the last thing I wanted to do was drive downtown. But today's a good day to do that.
Then I don't know what we'll do. Maybe let The Monster try some green peas. I want to gag just thinking about them.
Hmm... I'm afraid I don't have a picture to post today. I'll try to take some this afternoon.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I can't wait to see The Monster today!! I'm glad you are getting a chance to sleep in for a change and that you are so far enjoying your vacation. Your office looks so strange being so empty. I miss you!!!
Enjoy your "vacation"! :o)
Post a Comment