Wednesday, June 4, 2008

diapers.com

Do you shop online? I do, and I love it. It can be kinda tricky with clothes, but when you know what size you wear with a particular brand, it’s not so bad. I hit up Ann Taylor Loft's website about once a month, since I don't have as much time to get to the store as I used to. Lucky me, though, my new job is near one, so I can go shopping during lunch and then swing by my makeup lady's shop for eyeliner and blush too. What a wonderful world! But I digress. I'm all about being efficient. When I run errands, I do them in an order so that I have to make the least amount of left turns. What's weird is that it's second nature for me to order things in an efficient manner - it's what I do. I'm a strange bird, I know. But anyway, I have been using a website now that makes my life a lot easier, so I have to share it with you... Diapers.com. It is awesome! They have great prices on (drum roll please...) diapers. I have been unable to find better prices at brick and mortar stores, with the exception of using a $7 off coupon at Babies R Us. And even then, I break even. But with gas prices, if I’m not already going to be at Babies R Us for other stuff, it’s not worth the drive in my opinion. I cannot sing the praises of this website enough!! They have such a huge selection of diapers. In my best game show host voice: “But wait! That’s not all!” They also have a huge selection of wipes. They have formula and baby food. And bottles. And toys. And potty training stuff. And bath products. And cleaning products. And pacifiers. And they’re adding new stuff all the time. We use Born Free bottles and will be using their sippy cups soon. I can get those there. We use California Baby, but I’ve wanted to try Little Twig. I want to try Dapple dish soap as well. I can get all of that there too! The place is just amazing. And they’re always adding new products to the store. My standard order is a box of Pampers Swaddlers, a box of Pampers sensitive wipes, and a toy… usually one by Sassy or Manhattan Toy. Every other time, I pick up a package of Dr. Brown’s cleaning brushes. And then if I need something else, like body wash or bottle parts… it’s all right there. And with competitive prices. And it gets delivered to my door in about 5 days. Shipping is free when you spend 50 bucks, which is a certainty with a box of diapers and wipes. As an engineering major, keeping an inventory of stuff we use is second nature. I open my last pack of diapers – I get online – and voila! The UPS man hooks me up with diapers at the best price I’ve been able to find. Some people find going to the store a great way to get out of the house, and that’s fine – but for me, online shopping is the greatest invention since Starbucks. Just thought I’d share. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE online shopping! I'm going to have to check this out! Thanks!

Corrie said...

Great tip! I'm gonna have to check this out. I'm constantly running all over the place to find deals. I buy formula at Sam's, but they don't have the diapers we need, so then it's off to Babies R Us.