Why must I be a busybody? Why did I fill up my vacation days with projects that were impossible to complete in a few days? Case in point: shelves for The Monster's nursery. "What a great idea," I thought about a month ago. "Ugh," Big D thought, but he went along with my wacky idea anyway. Don't get me wrong; they're going to be awesome. We designed them to fit on a particular wall in the nursery and even bought paint to match the trim work in the house. We want it to look built-in. We bought the lumber and plywood (pictures of these items magically fitting in the Prius to be posted another day). We painted. And painted. And painted. And painted. This weekend we're going to assemble them and drill them into the wall to become a permanent fixture in casa del suburb. M&S (or S&M, depending on who's talking) are coming over to watch The Monster this weekend while Big D and I assemble the shelves. And as a bonus, we'll have friends over to share a beer with us while we bask in the glow of our achievement.
I started my new job today. I think it'll be a good fit. But in any event, traffic was a nightmare going to work (due to a high speed chase, thank you, Mr. Criminal) and then a nightmare going home (don't know who to blame this on). Due to my present level of exhaustion and the carrots in the microwave ready to pureed into baby food, I'm going to post more details another day. Sorry my blog wasn't updated much over the past week. I was truly enjoying my time off by doing what I love the most: staying busy and working on projects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment