Wednesday, March 26, 2008
So this is me...
I'm a perfectionist. I'm a freak about it. I insist on my house being clean at all times. At least I used to. That was before I had a daughter... we'll call her The Monster. Not that she is a monster. I call her that because she used to growl at me when trying to nurse. It was hilarious. Before The Monster was born, the apartment I shared with my husband looked fabulous. Even with four very shed-prone cats. Everything was in its place, and things that didn't have a place were stuffed strategically into the many closets the builders of our apartment generously provided. So at least the place looked nice. It's all about appearances after all, isn't it? When I was seven months pregnant, we up and moved to the burbs. Now we're in a two-story house twice the size of our apartment, and I can't keep it in the constant state of perfection that used to lull me to sleep at night. No, I did not start this blog to discuss housekeeping tips or how to control cat hair. Rather, the blog is about how I am being forced to reexamine my life and realign my priorities as I raise The Monster in this scary, crazy, and often exciting world. I don't entirely expect anyone to read what I have to say, but during the first few months of The Monster's life, when I felt alone with my thoughts and emotions, reading other blogs helped me cope with the drastic changes my life was undergoing. So that's it. Hope I don't bore you too much. Let the blogging begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment