Friday, January 16, 2009

Slashed tires...

I am fuming this morning. FUMING. I have to pay for parking to come to this suck-ass job. I used to pay $5 to walk across the street. Then I heard about a $3 lot, but it's three blocks away. I park there now because I'm freakin' broke. I've been parking there for months. The two guys that work there are pretty nice. This morning the MF's tried to charge me $5, citing an event nearby. Excuse me? I tried to argue, "But I park here every day for $3." "Sorry, lady." So I left. There's no freakin' way I'm going to pay 5 bucks to park in a lot that's a million miles away from civilization. You have got to be kidding me. So I drove around and around and around. And I came upon another $3 lot, even farther away from work. I parked and the dude came up, gave me my ticket, and then proceeded to charge me $5. FUMING. I tried arguing with him too. To no avail. By this time, I'm an extra 15 minutes late to work. That's more money than the original 2 bucks I was arguing over. So I sucked it up and paid the $5. But not without letting the poor guy know how I felt about it. I'm convinced that my tires will be slashed when I go out there later. That would be fabulous. Big D is on call tonight, so I have to get the Monster by 6:30... and if my tires are slashed as expected, I won't make it. I barely make it on a good day with no traffic. I am so angry at myself for bitching those guys out, because they may do something to my car. I hate working here. I hate having to pay to park and then walk twenty miles in the snow uphill both ways to come to this crappy job. And I hate that I'm at the mercy of these guys who work the lots. If I wasn't completely desperate for money, I'd tell them to go to you-know-where along with the management here who won't allow me to use the microwave. Seriously. Could this gig get any worse??? I wouldn't wish this situation I'm in on my worst enemy.

Thanks for letting me vent. Hope your day is better than mine.

***Update***

It's been an hour.

I'm feeling better now after ranting to you guys.

Do I think my tires will actually be slashed? No. Talk about mean. Maybe the door will be keyed, though. I was really ticked off when he asked for the 5 bucks. And I unloaded on the poor dude. I'm a red-headed, unemployed lawyer - I have some serious hostility underneath the surface. And my tongue can get pretty sharp.

Not that this makes it any better, but several of my co-workers said they complained to the lot attendants as well.

I think I may go get a Starbucks (via gift card - thanks Margaret!) to make it all better.

Have a happy Friday - seriously.

No comments: